Building Acoustics & Construction

What do we do for you?

Contact your local office for a quote. One of our consultants will be happy to speak with you about all of the requirements for acoustics and sound insulation within buildings:

  • Hospitals
  • Education Buildings
  • Residential properties
  • Commercial properties

Approved Document E of The Building Regulations (2003 Edition) is the document setting out the requirements for sound insulation in residential buildings. It contains a requirement that organisations carrying out sound insulation testing should be third-party accredited with either the ANC Scheme or with UKAS.

We are registered under The Association of Noise Consultants scheme as a testing organisation.

The Association of Noise Consultants scheme has been approved by The Office of The Deputy Prime Minister as suitable for complying with the requirements.

We use in-house instrumentation, both computerised and conventional, with which we can carry out measurements of airborne and impact sound insulation.

Since 1st July 2003, such testing has become a mandatory requirement in newly-built house and flats and for conversion dwellings.

New-build houses and flats do not need to be tested for sound insulation performance if they use types of construction known as Robust Details. The use of such details must also be registered with Robust Details Ltd. Alternative construction details will still be subject to pre-completion testing.

If you are unsure whether the Regulations apply to your development or if your site needs sound insulation testing then give us a call and we can advise you.

Click HERE to fill in an enquiry form
Sector Related Services:
Relevant Reading, Regulations & Guides

Contact Acoustic Associates Sussex Ltd.

Unit 8 Highdown House
Cecil Pashley Way
Shoreham (Brighton City) Airport
West Sussex
BN43 5PB

Phone: 01273 455 074