Call Us: 01273 45 50 74 or Email Us:
Acoustic Associates provides an entirely impartial, independent, consultancy service for the solution of noise and vibration problems.

Acoustic Testing

What do we do for you?

At Acoustic Associates, we offer the following sound/acoustic testing service to our clients, whether they wish to comply with the latest Building Regulations targets or other criteria on a project:

  • Airborne and Impact Sound Testing in accordance with Part E of the Building Regulations and, where required, BREEAM or Code for Sustainable Homes assessments. This is a requirement for new and converted dwellings where there is a separating partition wall or floor;
  • Sound insulation testing of partitions in other building types, including schools and offices, as required to meet the requirements of BREEAM assessments;
  • Site testing of existing buildings, to assess current levels of sound insulation and to allow for the design of remedial measures where the performance needs to be increased.

We are also able to provide the following complementary design services:

  • New-Build design reviews and site inspections, to ensure that proposed constructions and detailing of a new building will comply with the acoustic targets of the project. This service will minimise the risk of a sound test failure;
  • Reverberation time assessments for communal areas, as required by Document E of the Building Regulations.

Please contact your local office where our consultants will be happy to discuss all aspects on sound insulation within buildings, and explain the testing procedure.

Why do I need Sound Testing & how do I know you are approved to carry out the tests?

Approved Document E of The Building Regulations (2003 Edition) is the document setting out the requirements for sound insulation in buildings.

It contains a requirement that organisations carrying out pre-completion sound insulation testing (PCT) should be UKAS or ANC registered to undertake testing.

Since 1st July 2003, such testing has become a mandatory requirement in "material change of use" properties, otherwise known as conversions. They are also a requirement for some types of new build properties, such as hostels, hotels, student accommodation etc. Such properties are described in Approved Document E as "Rooms for Residential Purposes".

New-build houses and flats do not need to be tested for sound insulation performance if they adhere to the specifications of approved construction, known as Robust Details. However, to gain Building Control approval, the use of such details must be registered with Robust Details Ltd, prior to construction.

If you are unsure whether the Regulations apply to your development or if your site needs sound insulation testing, please call your local office and we can advise you.

Other Services of Interest

Click HERE to fill in an enquiry form

Acoustic Testing

Case Studies:

Contact Us Now:
01273 45 50 74


Contact Acoustic Associates Sussex Ltd.

Unit 8 Highdown House
Cecil Pashley Way
Shoreham (Brighton City) Airport
West Sussex
BN43 5PB

Phone: 01273 455 074